Saturday, September 18, 2010

Travel Journal: A Retrospective Recap

So I've just returned from two months in Guatemala and Mexico. Traveling parts of Central America was as exhilarating as it was shocking. I was sick on many occasions from the food and the mosquito bites in the jungle. Most of my fellow American travelers that were used to a “Standard American Diet” had no health issues.  I decided that I’d adapt and flow with the culture by eating the way they do.  No meat, but I did put aside my vegan preference for the sake of experience.  What I didn’t really put aside though was my negative judgment.  That was the ultimate doozy.  In transparency and retrospect, the food only made me sick because of my definitions of the quality.  The parasites that my body had not yet built an immunity to were playing a part and doing an intense heavy metal and chemical detox before I left Kansas also left me quite sensitive, in my opinion.  Not weaker, just more sensitive. 

When on the go with only a backpack and a new destination every few days, things get really interesting. There is no such thing as a comfort zone, so you're really forced to put yourself out there, meet people, break language barriers and express. If you haven't already, you learn to really stand your ground because there are some prejudgments about Americans (shocking huh?). So diving into a new cultural psychic sea that I didn’t know a lot about with no refined intention to form my own beliefs separate from others, I naturally - as we humans often do - adopted them at a subconscious level.  I did find that while in Central America, being a telempathic human, I had to do routine cleaning out of belief systems.  (I've come to find that this is a necessary ongoing process for me in my path) When I heard things that did not represent my preferred view of the culture, I just went within and intended to neutralize the statements at a subconscious level.  Not doing this, on occasion, got me into a few “hairy situations” as it were.  But I was able to reclaim my lucidity and bring things back to bliss with the right dose of recognition and remembrance.  

Being back in the states is reintegrating, but I feel like I'm sinking into a comfort zone and what I’ve discovered through experience is that there's really not a whole lot of growth in that state of mind. So I'm leaving Sedona, AZ on Monday for the next adventure, which is a job at an organic farm doing only god knows what.  For my last couple days here, I am redesigning my permission slips (tools we use to reach desired states of being) and recharging my energy for the journey ahead, behind and ongoing.


If you're interested in seeing photos of my journey, visit my facebook page: www.facebook.com/sarah.booty

Star Commander aLuna....Ten-Twentyfour

No comments:

Post a Comment