Tuesday, December 13, 2011

going direct.

Its been a while since I really shared anything with my community in this way. My energy focus has been flowing in a multitude of directions, split like a waterfall and inevitably plummeting by natural force into integration. I've taken more transformational blows in this interlude from writing than ever. And....

The part of me that craves significance wants to share all about the happenings and lessons I've absorbed. But there is a subtle and more powerful voice resounding that's reeling to stream my joy of being in the present moment. I am sitting here listening for what to write with eyes closed. All ten fingers coming together to form an egyptic mudra of no origin. Its saying to me that our "overcoming challenges" stories are based in a past tense view of the future. So if there is no challenge in the present, then there's no story to attach to.

Story in the sense of who we think we are, rather than who we actually are.

I'm no Eckhart Tolle (or am I?) but the present moment is the golden ticket to joy. Joy is the re|present|ative of the high self. "But I've failed at being mindful before. It's an elusive reality. Only monks are that mindful. Why even try?" Oh, thank you. That's exactly whats in the way of being now|here focused. (It will tell you if you will listen.) So, mindfulness as a concept is grasping at the past tense view of the future. Mindfulness as a reality exists only in the present moment and you've got to be here for it.

Keep her busy with research and figuring stuff out so she doesn't run off with her joy again and leave me alone.

Oh, thank you. So that's whats in the way.

We made a deal and I'm an honest ego. But I think you'd like to see me out of a job, and that's not going to fly. Eradication of the ego. Psshhh. Go ahead and try it.

Oh, thank you. So that's whats in the way.

And the chatter goes on... I don't make the assumption that I will one day be free of the ego completely (in this body). Its just that it has no hold on my state of being when I clearly listen. In Landmark, we distinguish that people talk excessively because they don't feel heard. Some of my "spiritual" friends say eradicate the ego. My tribe and I say give the dog a bone and be on with it. Essentially, we want to re|present our commitment of unconditional love to the ego for the service it provides. So listen and bless it.

Mercury goes direct in 23 minutes.

Oh, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm having similar conversations with myself. All there is to do is Listen. then we are Here.

    ReplyDelete